• Lessons include 5 basic components water safety, personal growth, stroke development, water sports/games, and rescue. Levels are arranged by skill ability.
• Parents should plan to help their child through the locker room and find a seat in the bleachers, then parents should return to the lobby area to view class, please see page 5 in this guide so you fully understand the rules of the facility! We do not allow parents to watch from the pool deck.
• It can be very difficult for a child to focus on class if their parent is in the pool area because they are excited for you to see how well they are doing.
• Progress Reports: Your child will receive a progress report in week 6 detailing what they worked on over the session and what level will best fit them for the next session. If your child is absent the report may be picked up at the Y courtesy desk.
• Same day registration will be accepted only in week 1 of the session. After week 1 we will accept registrations, but will NOT allow participants to register for a class the day of class.
• Level Placement and Advancing: All incoming NEW students will be evaluated and put in a level to best challenge them. In order to advance a level, students must earn a grade of 4 or higher in stroke development and be able to demonstrate skills listed.
• To determine which level best fits your child see our swim lesson selector questionnaire at the courtesy desk.
Classes are offered in combinations of levels to allow for leadership opportunities and bolster self esteem in successful performance of skills.
Class times listed are available for all swim levels.
|Summer 1:||June 3 - July 6|
|Summer 2:||July 8 - August 10|
|1 class a week/ 5wk session:|
|Public||$40||Mondays & Wednesdays||Tuesdays & Thursdays||Saturdays|
|3:30-4:10 pm||3:30-4:10 pm||9-9:40 am|
|4:15-4:55 pm||4:15-4:55 pm||9:45-10:25 am|
|5-5:40 pm||5-5:40 pm||10:30-11:10 am|
|2 week Mini sessions:|
|Public||$55||Meets Mon - Thurs for 2 weeks 9 - 9:40 am|
|June 3 -13||June 17 - 27|
|July 1– 11 (Pro Rated July 4th)||July 15 - 25|
|July 29—Aug 8|
Need a week day class once per week or s make up class?
Stop by the courtesy desk or call to submit a program request.
We will contact you with options.
Work 1 on 1 or with a friend & instructor to really advance your skills. Available upon request for all ages, stop by Y desk and fill out a private lesson request form to get started! Lessons expire 2 months after first lesson date or 3 months after purchase.
Children and their parents will gain comfort in the water being shown how to move through the water safely.
Learning through songs, interaction with friends, blowing bubbles, body & movements.
Children must wear a swim diaper for this class. Regular diapers not permitted in the pool or pool area as they are a health hazard.
|7 week session|